Monday, December 28, 2009

The End of the Beginning


I heard that phrase on Laguna Beach years ago and thought it applied. I broke up with my boyfriend today. I had to practically beg him to leave, even though two weeks ago I asked him to move out. I told him yesterday he had until the 1st and he texted me today to say he would have his stuff out by the time I get home today. Good, I thought, makes the next few days less awkward, right? Wrong... apparently, that was just a test. He got all mad and was like, I have no where to go! I was like, then you should not have pushed up the deadline, I was giving you until Friday... you made it today. The problem is he has a drinking problem and I am literally scared of him. I cannot live with an alcoholic who I am afraid of... and I should not have to! I am starting counseling in January, and I am taking a year off from boys. (Well, a year by choice... who knows what 2011 may bring! I may just end up single forever.) So, get ready for some really personal stuff. I have never felt like I needed a boyfriend, but I really WANT to get married, so it is hard to say I am not looking. I have tended to just let things happen in my quest for my future husband, instead of saying no, you are not right for me. Honestly, reading some blogs and how some people talked about their significant others made me realize I don't even have those feelings for my boyfriend! I want to love my husband, not tolerate him! Anyways.... here's my cheers to the new year and a year without men... and a lifetime without boys! (As men will be the only eligable guys for me, not boys!)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

good for you! I bet that was probably the hardest thing you've ever had to do to come to that conclusion and break up with him. I always felt like I HAD to have a boyfriend when I was growing up. It was like I didn't have identity unless I was with someone. Finally when I had a year of no men. period. and finally stopped looking and did a lot of reshaping of my own life. viola! I met my husband when I least expected it. I was just coming up from hitting rock bottom when he came into my life and he's helped me become a better person. When you can say that about someone, now that is when you know it's the right person for you! Well cheers to the New Year for you! Here's to hoping it will be a thousand times better then last year (so far it sounds like it will be :)