Sunday, December 13, 2009

Prayers please!

My manager at work is really sick. She has bronchitis, which is more serious for her b/c she has scaring on her lungs... she went to the hospital on Friday. I am worried for her and her health, but I am also stressed b/c when she is gone my job is twice as hard. I feel soooo selfish for even thinking like this. I should just worry about her and her getting better, but I am also scared the work I have to get done is not going to get done! I love my job and don't want to let it suffer at all by pulling double duty. So, I end up working till 6:30 every night... not working out, getting stressed beyond belief, etc. Anyways, I just wanted to vent. I know the people at my work really pull together when we need extra help, so I am sure tomorrow will be much less stressful than I think it will be. My mom told me to repeat the serenity prayer. Maybe I will make it my mantra tomorrow.... my calming force for when I am near panic attack. :) God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. Oh, and for anyone who does not know what I do, I am the accounting supervisor/assistant office manager at a lawfirm. December is huge for year end billing and collections and it's pretty much all on my shoulders to bring in the dough before year's end. But, with the office manager out... I have to fill that role as well and we just hired/are hiring 3 new people... which means we need new computers, training, etc. There is just a lot to be done. I know God does not give you more than you can handle, and I thank him for that. I just need to believe it now... :)

No comments: