Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What I'm looking for...

I've been meaning to write down the traits I want in my future husband as I think it is a good excercise to help yourself not settle. (Especially if you are like me and tend to pick the wrong guy, repeatedly.) Here is my list. I know it's a lot, but it's good to start high and then "settling" will still land me a pretty good guy... right?

1. Love God
2. Love his family
3. Make me laugh
4. Laugh at all my crazy stories
5. Think it's "cute" that I fall down a lot, not weird :)
6. Attractive (at least to me)
7. Want to have children
8. Willing to volunteer or serve somewhere in the world someday
9. Works out
10.Takes care of himself
11.Has a job (seriously, I have to put this on here!)
12.Knows how to change a tire, check my oil, basically remind me to maintain my car
13.Doesn't mind I play Sorority Life on Facebook
14.Likes "Friends" or at least doesn't hate it
15.Knows how to calm me down when I get frustrated, without making me more upset
16.Loves animals (or at least likes my cat and wants a dog one day)
17.Likes roller coasters
18.Likes water parks
19.Doesn't think I'm crazy to be in counseling, but thinks it's cool I want to better myself
20.Likes me just as I am, and wouldn't change a thing about me

Obviously, I really want to fall in love, get married, and enjoy life with my best friend by my side. I don't know if this will happen for me, but I have not given up hope. I still want to be single this year, but I wanted to make this list so I know just what I'm waiting for.

No comments: