Sunday, July 25, 2010

West Seattle's Best Kept Secret

I love love love living here in Seattle. I don't mind the rain and we have the BEST summers. My favorite thing about summer is laying out, swimming and getting tan. My biggest complaint about Seattle is there is no where to go swimming. Since it is only nice for three months (swimming weather that is), there are not a lot of public pools, and the one's I have found are indoors. And, the Puget Sound is dirty, I'm not about to swim there. Lake Washington is okay, but I really like pools. However, thanks to this guy at work, my friend Nicole and I stumbled upon Colman pool. I am in love!!! It is set right on the Sound with a huge clear wind screen so the view is gorgeous. It is an olympic sized pool, has two diving boards and a water slide, and only costs $4 to get in! ($5 if you want to go on the waterslide.) It was crowded, but not too bad. And, to get there you have to go on a little hike through the woods. Basically, the whole thing was amazing, and I cannot wait to go back. So, now this city is not lacking anything, at least for me. :) Oh, and did I mention this pool is only 10 minutes from my house? So, now I know the real reason people don't ever want to leave West Seattle. Haha :) That's a whole other post, but West Seattlites are different than the rest of Seattle. They NEVER want to leave West Seattle, they usually only go out in West Seattle, and while they may work downtown, they hurry back home to the safety net. :) We have our own parades and festivals over here, and it is just different than the rest of the city. Check out this http://westseattleblog.com/... we even have our own blog! Haha...I love it here too. I have been converted to a West Seattlite, and I love our little community over here! I forgot to get pics of me and Nicole until after we got wet, and then I didn't want to. (Me looking like a drowned rat is not that pretty.) Here are some pics I found on line to show how great this place is!

The trail to get there...

The pool and the wind screen overlooking the sound

I can't wait to go back... oh and it's purified saltwater instead of chlorine for a taste of the Pacific!

No comments: