Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011 was spent here in Seattle.  My cat LOVES the Christmas tree.  This is her new spot and she will just sit there and stare at the lights.  It was so cute.  I love this cat.  :)  
My little Misu (short for Tiramisu)
This year, my cousin is up here with her boyfriend's family.  His family lives in Kirkland, so we got to spend some time with them as well.  It was nice to have some extra family around, since most of Steve's family doesn't like us, so we don't really get to have a lot of family get togethers anymore!  (Tara is from my mom's side of the family.  They still like us, but just live in all different states... Montana, Wisconsin, Colorado and California!  That's a lot of states considering I only have two cousins and my mom only has a brother and sister!)  Anyways... can you tell I am a little sad about my lack of family?  Oh well, back to our time here...
Tara and Dustin... so cute! :)
All three of us... not the best pic of me... but what are you gonna do?
My parents... Laura and Steve
Me and Tara

Here is my mom and me at church.  Steve didn't feel good so he didn't go.  The service was okay... a little cheesy.  I don't know why they try to modernize the Christmas story.  Setting it to modern music and changing song lyrics and dancing around is just silly to me.  Just tell the story/act out the story, but don't try to make it modern... we all know it happened a LONG time ago! :)

All in all it was a decent holiday, but I missed my boyfriend!  Oh... did I not mention him?  His name is Ryan and he lives in Boise.  Here is a pic of us two...
We have been dating a couple months now and he is amazing.  He's pretty much the yin to my yang and I have a good feeling about him.  :)  Oh yeah and he's disease free... if you don't remember that story... click here...  We didn't get to spend Christmas together but we did get to spend Thanksgiving and we will spend New Year's together.  Soooo grateful for that!  I hate that he doesn't live here or that I don't live there, but we are making it work.  Anyways...love to you all!  Hope you had an amazing holiday. 

4 comments:

rachel garber said...

I forgot the herpes story! Too funny! Glad you have a happy way to ring in 2012 . . . but I do want to hear more! And I hear you on the long-distance thing, my Ryan and I did that for 18 months before we finally tied the knot. Talk about expensive :)

This is Rachel Rasmussen by the way from MHS days.

endlessglowbyjessica said...

Rachel! I heard you had gotten married through Kristen Koprowski but didn't know you did long distance as well! Congratulations on getting married! I hope you read this... because I can't access your blog to write back. If you want to add me I'm hintzj@spu.edu. I love that you have a Ryan too! :) Hope all is well for you! :)

Kristen said...

I'd like to think I brought you two back together. Or do I not technically get credit for that? ;)

So excited to see you in a week! Actually a few days really. Still working on finding a babysitter because my parents are going out of town this Sunday, but we WILL be doing lunch/dinner with you and Ryan someway somehow!!

THE CORMELL FAMILY said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas!! Ryan is cute :) I'm glad he is disease free ... that story is out of this world ... what a creep that other guy was! I'm glad you are happy :)