Monday, August 20, 2012

Stand Up Paddle Boarding

I have been wanting to try this for awhile now, so I excitedly purchased the groupon when I saw it!  My friend Natalie and I went at Juanita Beach in Kirkland.  It is the perfect place to go b/c it is not too deep and the water is really warm (because I don't know how all those celebrities look so calm and peaceful doing this... but we fell off... a lot!)  It was a lot of fun, but I feel like I've been hit by a bus today!  All that falling did a number on me! :)  I hurt my ribs when I fell forward one time!  Here is a pic of Kate Hudson falling (because really... I was not going to have anyone photograph my first time!)  I looked a lot less graceful, and am putting this pic on b/c she looks a lot like I did.  Also, she did what I did in the end after having enough of falling! :)
 It really was fun though, and I would do it again... maybe in Hawaii though. :)

I call it sit paddle boarding... after an hour an a half of standing and paddling... this was a nice break :)

1 comment:

rachel garber said...

We LOOOOOOVE SUP! (obviously since we bought them) and yes, it's way better in Hawaii than at home but what can you do? Also, after doing it regularly, you can stand for four or five hours at a time :)

Glad you got to see the girls - I like all of them too.