Sunday, January 20, 2013

San Diego Zoo

On our last day in San Diego, we went to one of my favorite places... the zoo!  I love zoos!  I love animals and love seeing them interact with one another.  This was a great zoo and the only thing it was missing was penguins!  Why no penguins San Diego???  They are my favs!  Get some asap and then you will be perfect!
 Flamingos - my favorite bird b/c they are pink of course!
Another view...
 When we first got there we raced to see the new baby panda - it's only out for two hours a day.  After a twenty minute wait... here it is!  All curled up in that tree stump in the back right.  See the white fluff?  Yeah, we could hardly either!  Baby's momma is happily eating away as baby sleeps... but I was a little disappointed.  Oh well, I guess baby's need their sleep too!
 I have loved tigers since I was a little kid - even did a report on Bengal tigers back in the day.  I just think they are so beautiful - which is weird b/c I usually don't like orange, but these cats make it work!
I felt bad for this boar b/c he was so ugly.  My mom's quote was "What was God thinking when he made this??"  Haha... they were so ugly they were almost cute - like those ugliest dog contests with the hairless dogs... 
 My mom loves birds and especially eagles.  I am so impressed by their size - and love the angles the San Diego zoo gives you with all the walkways so you are able to be closer to their level and really see them
 These two were so cute - at first!  I got a bunch of pics like this, and then they started fighting - they are probably siblings... so sweet one minute and fighting the next!
 Can you spot the bear?  We couldn't either!  Until about 5 minutes of looking and I felt so silly bc it was right in front of our faces!  (It's on top of the rock snoozin' if you still can't make it out!)
 King of the jungle and lovin every minute of it
 Gotta love the elephants!
 So thankful this vulture spread his wings for me... made for a great shot!
 Stinkiest camel I have ever seen/smelt.  Poor guy - I could literally smell him for about 10 feet before and after! 
At Tara's wedding my mom was sunning herself and said - I'm like those animals at the zoo that Braden (a friend of our family) and I see all the time.  Well the animal is a meerkat and we were lucky enough to see one for comparison that next day!
Here is my beautiful mom and me... I am so bundled up in all these pics!  I thought Cali would be warmer!!! :)

No comments: