Friday, January 25, 2013

Liebster Award!


So... I got nominated for a Liebster Award by this amazing girl who's blog I read, and now consider a friend even though we've never met!... Thanks Kami! :) (www.steveandkami.blogspot.com)  Check it out - this girl is awesome, and has the cutest family!  :)  I doubt my blog has even ten readers, but maybe I'll get 11 after this post! :)

The Rules:
Share 11 facts about myself
Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award
Create 11 questions for nominees to answer
Link back to the person who nominated you - I don't know how to do that so I apologize!

11 Facts about me... hmm!

1. Anyone who reads my blog knows this, but I struggle with depression.  It's an ongoing battle, but for the most part if I stay on my Celexa I'm good to go... but if you find me crying in a Walmart b/c my boyfriend took me out of his top ten on MySpace... just ask me if I've taken my pill lately... the answer is probably no! (Yes, this was a true story, that I know dates me b/c MySpace... does that even still exist??)
2. I value honesty.  One of my favorite things my friend ever said to me is, "I knew I could talk to you about anything b/c when I first met you you told me, there's no such thing as TMI with me."  SO TRUE.  I will listen to your story.  The good, the bad, the crazy.  I will be honest with you if you are honest with me.  I love getting to know people and I hate when people are fake... what's the point???  We only have one life to live, why live a lie?
3. I love animals - going to the zoo is one of my most favorite things to do!
4. I love wine almost as much as I love animals :)
5. I have this fantasy about getting all my best girlfriends (and their families) to move to one area of the country so we can all hang out all the time.  I call it a fantasy b/c some of my most favorite people live in all different states... but wouldn't it be so fun! :)  Let's all buy an island, okay?
6. I am dreading turning 30 not because of the age but because I really want to be married and start working on family - but so far I don't even have a boyfriend... and October will be here before you know it!
7. I am a Christian, but I don't go to church.  I believe in God and that we are saved through grace and that grace came through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  I REALLY struggle with organized religion.  I don't like all the rules and all the ways they tell you you can and cannot live.  To me, it is all about having a relationship with God.  And, I have that.  Period... I refuse to tell other people how they can and cannot live.
8. I hated high school.  I am so glad life after high school is so much better than those 4 years.  Yes, I have some good memories, but overall I felt like an insecure mess most of the time.  
9. I love my new job.  It is challenging and constantly pushes me to work hard each day, but I love it.  No, it's not perfect and it has its hard times, but I am so thankful for where I am today.
10. I would give up my job in a heartbeat for a chance to be a stay at home mom. :)
11. I wish my family lived closer - all of them.  Parents, cousins, aunts, uncles... I guess it is the only child in me always wanting more family! :)

11 Questions from the blogger that nominated me


1. What is your #1 thing that you splurge on? Face/skin products!  I love having healthy skin and love trying new products on my face. If you tell me it will make my skin pretty - I'm pretty much sold!
2. What makes you the most happy?  Hanging out with my best girlfriends and just laughing for hours!
3. What is something you wish you could learn?  I would love to learn how to dance... I can dance as in "club dancing" but choreographed routines are hard for me and I would love to be able to dance!
4. What is your biggest regret? I really try hard not to regret things, just learn from them instead.  But... since that is not a fair answer...I regret opening a couple credit cards in college b/c I am still paying for them today!
5. What is your biggest struggle? Body image/being confident when I am surrounded by skinny girls.  I really struggle to feel like I am just as good as these girls.  Losing weight is hard for me.  I am learning (slowly but surely) how to be healthier and make the right choices for my body, but I have always wanted to be the naturally thin girl and it is hard for me to be in a room and not feel insecure.  I will still be nice to everyone, but inside I am calling myself fat and ugly!
6. What are you really good at? Talking!  Haha... I can talk to anyone about anything.  I don't know if it's a talent, but it's the truth!
7. If you were a celebrity who would it be?  Toss up between Taylor Swift and Kate Middleton.  Taylor b/c I would love to be able to sing, play guitar and piano and be 5'11" :)  Kate b/c, well, what girl doesn't want to be a princess for a day?
8. If you could have one do-over what would it be and what would you do? I would have started working out a lot more and eating healthier when I was younger - so those habits wouldn't be as hard to break today!
9. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?  Married and with at least one kid :)
10. On a scale of 1-5 how confident are you in yourself? 4, because although I struggle with how I look at times, I know who I am at heart.  I am a good person who genuinely loves others, and I know that being kind to others beats out being just a skinny girl any day. :)
11. Name an experience that was life changing for you?  Probably my trip to Europe with my cousin.  It helped us become a lot closer.  Also, it changed all my friends from college b/c I had to come back and make all new friends.  One of my closest friends to this day, Marissa, well, we wouldn't have met if I wouldn't have taken this trip.  I also know people all over the world now b/c of it too!

The nominees:
The Evan's Gang
News of the Nielsons
Our Family
The Sawyer Show
Anderson's
Tales from the Wild, Wild West...
The Cormell Family

11 questions for nominees to answer
1. What's your biggest pet peeve?
2. Who do you admire most in your life?
3. What are your goals for the next few years?
4. What do you fear the most?
5. What brings you the most joy in life?
6. What is your favorite memory?
7. What is your least favorite memory?
8. Do you prefer cookie dough or baked cookies?
9. What is your favorite TV show and why?
10. What would you do if you had enough money so you never had to work again?
11. What is your favorite place to vacation?

Wow... that took longer than I thought it would! :)


No comments: