Wednesday, January 6, 2010

At least I don't look like that...

So, in my quest to get fit I have been hitting the gym. My mom got me some new work out clothes for Christmas and I was so excited to wear them. I did not try them on before I left the house and just headed to the gym with them in my bag. I put on the pants which fit great, then I put on the running shirt which was fitted and super tight over the belly (which is part of the reason I am at the gym). I swear I don't see any cellulite when I look at my stomach in the mirror, but in this shirt it was cellulite city! I was like oh man, well I can't just go, because clearly I need to be here! So, off I went cellulite tummy and all and ran, lifted weights and had a good workout.

Last night, I picked out my outfit for today, knowing my other new pants were similar, so I just need a loose shirt. I get to the gym so grateful I will not be sickin' anyone out today, and what happens, I see that my pants are not the same, they are "fitted". Well, I learn that means pretty much skin tight lycra fabric. Now, I may not admit to cellulite on the belly, but I am not gonna deny I got a little extra junk in the trunk (the other reason I am at the gym daily). So, there I am in my loose shirt with my skin tight pants baring my cellulite to the world. Once again, I think, well, clearly I need to be here so let's get this over with. I hit the elliptical, do some squats and and abs (as clearly those are the problem areas), and get my workout on. I figure at least someone can look at me and either think... well, at least I don't look like that, or they can say, well if she's doing, so can I!

Tonight, when I pack for the gym I will be grabbing my trusty sweats and baggy t-shirt. I guess real work out clothes are only for the people who are actually in shape... not just trying to get there! :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Omg! I was laughing so hard when I read this because I can totally relate! I've wondered more then once if I'm the one people look at chugging away on the treadmill and get motivated thinking they can do it too if my fat ass can! Well good for you for staying and working out. I'm always looking for an excuse NOT to work out even when I'm already at the gym so I would have booked it out of there so quick. Next time I'm there and my shorts are too short or something of the kind hopefully I'll remember this and stay!