Monday, January 11, 2010

Building a better me...

So... I am reading this book per my therapists request called "Codependent No More." I highly recommend it if you tend to live life controlling others and not really taking care of your own problems. Wow... I started out reading this book and was like, I relate to this a little, but not a ton. Well that was before chapter seven. I am so textbook. I am controlling, a perfectionist, I have a bad self image... all of these are traits of codependency. It's nice to know I'm not crazy and that there is help and hope for me! I really want to be healthy, well, healthier than I was yesterday, striving for a better tomorrow. I hope I don't annoy people with my crazy new way of thinking, but I really want to start thinking better so I can be a better me... isn't that what life is about anyway?

No comments: