Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Cruise

The 'rents came up for Christmas this year as they usually do. I was SUPER busy and stressed with work so the first couple days were a little difficult, but once I was officially on vacay and we all talked about how we had frustrated each other life was smooth sailing again. It's hard having three people with very different personalities in my little apartment. We went on an Argosy Christmas tour... if you are in Seattle DON'T DO IT! :) You know those ugly Christmas sweater parties they have? Well, I always wonder who actually buys/wears these sweaters. All of those people were on this boat! :) Haha... they give you a box dinner which you eat on your lap b/c they have crammed soooo many people into one boat. After about 30 minutes, the allure of being on a boat passed and it just got a bit boring. Then they sing Christmas carols... that part was fun EXCEPT that they project the singing out to the shore so the microphones are super sensitive. You couldn't talk or move... my dad got the dirtiest look when he moved his drink and the ice shifted in his cup... geez! But then they had trivia and my dad won a free cruise in the sound! Honestly, the Argosy dinner tours are probably really cool, but the Christmas version is a bit cheesy. We all tried to make the best of it and actually laughed a lot on the trip.

Here are some pics of the cruise...

Here is us on the top deck... it was a really nice night, so that was a plus!

Here is my cute mom jingling her keys as they asked us to do while singing jingle bells... in her own words... "It doesn't take much for me to have fun!"

Boats followed along with us and they were all covered in lights... it was really pretty.

I was playing with my camera and got this pic... it's the moon and the houses lit up on the hills we passed.

Here is me and my step-dad on the back of the boat

No comments: