Monday, May 2, 2011

Musings...

I feel fat and ugly again. Boo. I am so up and down. But do I want to get off my booty and work out? Not really. I am so busy with school, it's hard to work out after work. But, I am horrible at waking up early too. Today though, I tried to do homework and while I finally picked a topic, I have not started working on it at all. I am blogging now instead of reading the chapter. It is soooo hard to stay focused. My dad (who is a crazy early bird) is going to start calling me at 5 to get this extra large booty out of bed. The sun was out this weekend and it was almost 70 here in Seattle. I feel so pale I'm practically clear. Can't wait to shine some love on my skin aka the sun, which is love to my skin.

I loved the royal wedding. I loved her dress, how naturally gorgeous Kate was and that it was so religious. I forget the Queen is in charge of the Anglican church, so of course it would be a religious wedding. I love how in love they both are. That is the most rare of it all. They found a kindred spirit in each other. I don't think she married a prince, she simply married her love, William. And, with all the divorce piling up in that family, I hope their love reigns true and they are able to love and support each other till death do them part.

One of my oldest friends just got engaged! Congrats to Kate and Adam. You two are going to have a fabulous life together.

I really don't want to talk about politics on my blog, but for the sake of history, Osama Bin Laden is no longer a threat to us. I am thankful for our troops and for the dedication they have made to our country. I will not celebrate a death, no matter how horrible a person is. It feels unnatural to me and so I will only say I am grateful to be an American. I am thankful for freedom and I am truly grateful to our armed forces who keep our freedom a reality and have given so much of themselves for our country. These people I will celebrate. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am currently obsessed with this girl. Jana Kramer. I love country music (thanks to my friend Annie from high school... I started out teasing her about her love for country... I was from Milwaukee and it was not "cool" there in 7th grade... but my teasing turned to love when she introduced me to Faith Hill and her song "This Kiss". From then on country and I were inseparable.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySUuhDcAl2I&feature=pyv&ad=12316328615&kw=jana%20kramer

I am wishing school was over, but know I have a lot more to learn. A little over a month left! Off to read now.

1 comment:

Annie Searcy said...

Cheer up friend! You are beautiful and being in school is SOO hard and makes it even harder to focus on yourself and work out! It will be over before you know it! I am glad I contributed to your love of country music! I had forgotten about that, just thinkin of Faith Hill and her "first kiss" takes me back! Ahhh the good ol' days huh? hehe! Hope your doing great and i'm praying for you and all that school business! Love ya!