Tuesday, February 23, 2010

7 Pounds!

Not the movie... that was my result for my week four weigh in! I know I was supposed to lose 9, but I knew that was a little unrealistic. 7 lbs in the last two weeks, for a total of 11 lbs in four weeks! I am happy! All this hard work is paying off despite all that nature has against me... i.e. my thyroid disorder, and all the other meds I have to be on! But it's okay because there is still progress! I am really happy and loving learning how to cook... after all it had to happen some time! I also love learning how to let myself cheat a little here and there. For example, I eat half the serving size of the dressing I really love, and then still put it on the side and dip my fork in so I can eat just as little bit as possible, and still have the flavor. I even let myself have a banana tonight as a "treat". I am not supposed to eat fruit at night because of the sugar, but I deserved it after these last four weeks! Now, I just gotta get through the next two and the next two, and on and on and hopefully keep up at the pace I am at. And once it's over, it's just maintenance... which will hopefully be at least a little bit easier.

No comments: