Monday, August 30, 2010

Trip Home to Boise!!!

I'm back from Boise... did you even know I was gone? I had an amazing time! I got to see my friend Kira's baby, Emma. And, I got to see my friend Annie's baby, Trey. They were both so cute!!! Annie let me hold Trey for two hours. I was in Heaven! :) I love catching up with old friends... there's nothing like hanging out with people who have known you since you've had braces! :) I also got to catch up with my good friend, Joe. We were such good friends in middle school/high school, I am so glad he still puts up with me after all these years! :) Thanks to all the amazing people I got to see this weekend for making my trip home just great! I also got to hang out with my fabulous parents. We went to see The Scarlett Pimpernel at the Starlight Mountain Theatre in Crouch. If you live in Idaho and have a chance to go to a play there, do it! The actors are soo talented and I have loved every play I've seen there. This play was especially good (aside from the smell of smoke since the mountains were on fire the whole time we were up there!) Today, my mom and I went to the MK Nature Center. Basically, the whole trip was amazing, but I am happy to be back home in Seattle with my lovely Tiramisu. :)
Me and my amazing friend, Kira :)
My mom and I at the play
My lovely parents :)
The fawn at the MK Nature center... so cute!
Kind of blurry, but still cute
Peaking over at me
Such a pretty area!
The fish through the glass
Yeah, that's my reflection taking the pic :)
Ignore the crazy girl obsessed with the camera and look at the huge fish! :)
So, I thought this was the giant sturgeon they advertise...
Until I saw this guy! I only got a pic of half of him!
And this is what I like to call "Classic Idaho"

Now, I am sure some people may be offended by my statement, but it is my blog, and in my opinion it's the truth. I just love the church symbol as well as the bash on Obama... love thy neighbor, shall we? Not that I am one to judge b/c as we all know politics and religion are just not things you should argue about, if you want to keep your friends, well friends. :) But I had to share it. All in all I love Boise. I love my friends there. I love all the summer activities, and I love my family. Boise will always be in my heart, and I am glad I lived there for 5 1/2 years. :)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey, were all the all the pics of Annie, Trey and of course Joe Crowell (that's the Joe you're talking about, right?) Not that I don't love the pics of the nature center ;) I went to the theater in Crouch once and it was amazing. Definitely a Idaho secret that not that many people know exists kind of like mile marker number 4 hot springs otherwise known as Skinny Dippers. That car sticker cracks me up. I was making onesies for my nephew Jett (like the whine one I made for Sawyer), but they are also geared towards my brother who would love a sticker like that on the back of his car. I thought if I did that saying for one of them it would be very fitting since he lives in Arizona where EVERYONE carries a gun! Instead I made one that says "This is my Barak Obama costume. Now hand over your candy for me to redistribute." Glad you had fun in B town!!!!!

Annie Searcy said...

So glad you came to Boise and i got so spend some of your trip with you! It was so fun to see you and Trey loved you! : ) Can't wait to see you next time!