Saturday, October 23, 2010

New York, New York!

The past week I went to New Jersey and New York to visit my best friend Shakira's little brother. He goes to the Westpoint prep school in Tinton Falls. It was a really fun trip, and people in New Jersey really say "yous". We had some of the craziest cab drivers. Our favorites were Bobby K and Bobby C. Bobby C crammed 5 of us into his cab and started filling out some paper work while driving. Finally, he said, "Oh I guess I could do that later." Thank God, we all thought. Then he got a phone call, and proceeded to talk to his "Baby." We are flying down the street and he sees a cop. "Hold on, baby," he says, "Last thing I need is a ticket." He slams on the breaks and sets the phone down as we pass the cop. OMG! Scariest cab ride ever. We practically kissed the ground when we arrived. Oh, and Bobby K, our first cab driver offered to hump our luggage. Yes, you read that right. He kept saying it, and while we realized he meant carry, none of us could get over the fact that hump does not mean carry over here in the West. Haha. :) Call me immature, but it was funny.

The whole trip was amazing. LJ's (Shakira's little brother) game was really fun and they won! LJ is a great football player and I am excited he gets to continue to play in college.


Here is Shakira and I at the game... it was sooooo windy!


Both teams had to be present to sing Westpoint's alma matter. (LJ is #29)

Here is all of us after the game. Ethan is in the back... he's LJ's best friend. The guy on the right side is Shakira's hubby.

Here is Shakira and I at the Jersey Shore.
This is before I lost my camera...that was the only downside of the trip. I leaned down to touch the Atlantic Ocean and I think it fell out of my pocket. When I came back to see if it was still there, it appeared the Atlantic had already swallowed it up. I replaced it that day, but the new one is not as good... oh well. It's a story, right?
This is my favorite picture of Matt and Shakira... can't wait till there little one is born! :)
Here we all are at Madison Square Garden. Matt, me, Shakira's mom, Laura, and Ethan

The New York Skyline
And again

Part of the city from the ferry that is not photographed as much :)
Shakira, LJ and their mom, Laura... love them!
Me and Shakira... ignore my hair it was windy... and you can see the baby belly :)

On the train to NY/NJ!
Here's a video we made on the way to New York... I never make videos, so since I did I had to share it :)


No comments: