Friday, October 8, 2010

Why I Love Kids

I called my mom today and the little boy she's taken care of since he was about 2 weeks old, answered the phone. His name is Braden and he is now 8 years old. Here was our conversation, which is why the post is titled as it is.

Braden: Hello.

Me: Hi! How are you?

Braden: Good.

Me: What are you doing?

Braden: Going to McDonald's.

Me: Mmm, sounds good. So, how's school going?

Braden: Good.

Me: (Remembering I had learned all about his new girlfriend on my last visit home.) How's your girlfriend?

Braden: We broke up.

Me: Oh, no, what happened?

Braden: Well, one day she was sick and I didn't want to go by her because I didn't want to get sick. And, then the next day she was out because she was sick. Then, when she came back she said, "Why weren't you nice to me the other day?" I said, "Because I didn't want to get sick." So, we broke up because she didn't like that.

Me: Oh, no, are you okay?

Braden: Yeah.

Me: Do you have a new girlfriend?

Braden: No, but Anna has a new boyfriend.

Me: Wow, that's fast.

Braden: Yeah, that's how Anna is. She breaks up with someone then the next day, she has a new boyfriend. Then breaks up with someone, and then has a new boyfriend.

Me: Oh wow, that's interesting.

Braden: Okay, well Laura (my mom) wants to talk to you now.

Me: Okay, bye Braden.

I then talked to my mom and she said she had no idea all this had happened. We both decided little Anna was quite the girl. :) Oh, I just love these conversations. It's why I love teaching Sunday school. These kids just crack me up. Oh, and the best part about Braden is this story is very him. He's a bit of a germaphobe, so I love that he didn't want to go by his girlfriend b/c she was sick. We'll all know when he really likes someone b/c he brings her soup when she's sick... that will be a big step for him. :)

No comments: