Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 2

The Person I've Been Closest to the Longest... well for me people. I had to choose two people because I am close to both of them in different ways. My mom. She is my best friend and the best mom you could ever ask for. She's always there for me and would to anything for me! I tell her almost everything and trust her advice in almost every situation. She is almost always right. :) She always wants the best for me and I am so blessed she is my mom and my best friend! But we were not always close!! It took a trip to Europe and some very needed growing up on my part to appreciate how great she is! So, we have only been "close" for about 7 years. This is Shakira (and me). We met 4 years ago at a hair salon that we both worked at. I think God knew we were supposed to be friends! I know that's not that long ago, but when you move away in middle school, the friends you made in elementary school don't stay your friends. And then you go to college and your friends from middle and high school don't stay your close friends. And then you graduate from college and your friends leave or get married and you are not close to the same friends you went to school with. I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but all this moving to different states and huge milestones that take your friends to different parts of the country has really made it difficult to get and stay close to people. And, while I have had many friends longer than 4 years, she is the one I am still closest to. She understands me, loves me, and will always have my back and I am the same way with her. There is nothing she doesn't know about me and and that's why she's my closest friend. I was terrified when she moved an hour away that we wouldn't stay friends but that was over 2 years ago and we are still going strong. Pretty sure our friendship will last forever!

No comments: