Wednesday, March 31, 2010

She's Back!

I love tanning! I forgot how amazing it is. And none of that spray tan shit... I want the real deal. Laying in the hot bed with the lights blaring and the fan on high. So, I guess the "real" real deal would be the sun, but let's face it... I live in Seattle! The sun is few and far between here. In fact we have had freezing rain the last few days. Now, don't get me wrong. I love the rain. I don't need the sun... in fact since the good ol' days at Roaring Springs the sun kind of hurts my eyes. So, while I love our gorgeous summers here, I do not at all mind the gloomy fall through spring... or so I thought.

They opened a Desert Sun near my house recently. I used to go all the time when I lived in Queen Anne. But, it just got to be too much of a journey for the 12 minutes of peace. I didn't even realize my need for some vitamin D until I stopped in today. (Luckily, I still have some tans left in a package from when I used to tan weekly, so it was essentially free.) It was AMAZING. I was going to go buy some frozen yogurt which isn't exactly in my meal plan but I needed something sweet! I walked out of the bed feeling like a whole new person. I was energized, excited, and didn't need any extra treats! I even came home and painted my toe nails (yep... something I have not done in FOREVER either, my friend Shakira would be so disappointed).

So, while a lot of you may not think that tanning is the best way to spend your time, I say it's better then being sad and pale! I just really did not even know I was not as happy as I could be. So, all that to say... I'm back! Did not even know I had gone anywhere, but now I know how to fix it. And don't worry, I'll be sure to stop before I look like this:

No comments: